Beyonce Loses Bid In Trademark Deposition - Noise11.com
Beyonce in concert in Melbourne by Ros O'Gorman

Beyonce in concert in Melbourne by Ros O'Gorman

Beyonce Loses Bid In Trademark Deposition

by Music-News.com on December 30, 2017

in News

Beyonce has lost a bid to keep details from an upcoming deposition in her trademark battle confidential.

Beyonce filed legal papers with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter”, the name of her five-year-old daughter with JAY-Z, earlier this year (17) – so she could reserve the rights to use the moniker in beauty, fashion, and electronics ventures or to prevent others from cashing in on her daughter’s identity.

However, Beyonce’s application didn’t go down well with Veronica Morales, who said the trademark was too similar to the name of her event planning firm, Blue Ivy Company, and took legal action.

Morales served the singer with a notice to sit for a deposition in the case, and shortly after, in September (17), Beyonce’s lawyers filed court documents requesting a protective order which would ban details about the time and location of the session and what she says about her family during the round of questioning being made public – as she was concerned for her family’s safety.

Their request has now been shut down by members of the Trademark Trial and Appeal board, who ruled earlier this week that they didn’t find their arguments about Beyonce’s fears for her family’s safety persuasive and denied the motion.

When Beyonce’s lawyers filed the request, they said the order would help minimise the “intrusive use for security” for Beyonce and the venue and “reduce the dangerous pandemonium that so often marks Mrs. Carter’s public appearances.”

Morales claims she started her company three years before the child was born and had already secured a trademark. It’s the second time the party planners have objected to Beyonce’s trademark attempts – the singer previously lost her bid to secure the rights to “Blue Ivy” for commercial use shortly after her little girl’s arrival in 2012.

music-news.com

Related Posts

Mark Ronson photo by Ros O'Gorman
Mark Ronson Gives Medical Date After Concert Scare

Mark Ronson has issued a health update after being rushed to hospital due to an injury.

9 hours ago
Eric Gales at Bluesfest Melbourne 2023 photo by Mary Boukouvalas
Eric Gales Is Returning To Australia And He Is A Must See Show

When I saw Eric Gales in 2023 in Melbourne he said he is “not the new Hendrix”. He might not think so but watch him live and you’ll probably disagree with his own assessment of himself.

10 hours ago
The Hives by Dean Bradshaw
The Hives To Return to Australia After 10 Years

The Hives are coming back to Australia for the first time in 10 years. The Swedish band last toured Australia in 2015 when they opened for AC/DC.

1 day ago
The Fray Facebook photo
The Fray Sell Out Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney Shows

Uptake for tickets to The Fray went faster than expected this week with sold-out shows for Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney. Perth still has limited tickets.

2 days ago
LeAnn Rimes supplied by TEG Dainty
LeAnn Rimes To Play Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney In September

LeAnn Rimes is coming back to Australia for what will be her first tour in 22 years and only second ever Aussie tour.

3 days ago
Zac Brown Band, Deni Blues and Roots Festival, Noise11, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Zac Brown Band Announce Fourth Australian Tour Dates

Zac Brown Band will return to Australia in October for dates in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane as well as the Deni Ute Muster in Deniliquin.

3 days ago
Robert Randolph Preacher Kids
Robert Randolph Previews Seventh Album With ‘Sinner’

Bluesman Robert Randolph will release his seventh album ‘Preacher Kids’ in June and has the song ‘Sinner’ for us to hear now.

3 days ago