Chris Brown Cancels Japanese Tour After Country Cancels His Visa - Noise11.com
Chris Brown, Photo Ros O'Gorman

Chris Brown, Photo Ros O'Gorman

Chris Brown Cancels Japanese Tour After Country Cancels His Visa

by Paul Cashmere on September 25, 2016

in News

Celebrity thug Chris Brown has postponed his shows in Japan after he was denied entry to the country due to his ongoing assault case.

Chris Brown was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon in August (16) after model Baylee Curran called the police and accused him of pulling a gun on her at his Tarzana, California home.

Chris and his lawyer denied the allegations and his arraignment date was pushed back so officials could continue to gather evidence. Now the ongoing legal drama, and the musician’s previous run-ins with the law has prevented him from entering Japan to perform two shows in Tokyo.

He was scheduled to play at the Tokyo International Forum on 26 and 27 September (16) but the dates were postponed, according to a statement issued by promoter Creativeman Productions.

“We are very sorry to announce that we have to postpone Chris Brown’s upcoming Japan tour at Tokyo International Forum Hall A on 26 and 27 September due to a logistical visa issue,” they announced, according to IQ-mag.net. “We will announce details of rescheduled dates (soon).”

Chris had reportedly applied for a working visa and Japanese officials denied the application due to the investigation. One source with the Japanese consulate told TMZ.com they have a low tolerance for approving visitors with open cases and/or a criminal record.

Chris was most recently denied a visa to tour in Australia in December due to his assault conviction for beating up his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.

Chris’ arraignment in the gun case has been delayed until October and his attorney Mark Geragos told followers on Twitter he was confident police officials were close to dropping the case. However, other law enforcement sources told TMZ.com investigators had been given an extra 15 days to complete witness interviews and compile evidence.

music-news.com

Related Posts

Michael Buble at Rod Laver Arena, photo Ros O'Gorman
Michael Bublé Slams Trumps Attitude Towards Canada

Michael Bublé has made a passionate speech amid Trump's tariff plans for Canada, declaring that the country is "not for sale".

14 minutes ago
Mark Ronson photo by Ros O'Gorman
Mark Ronson Gives Medical Date After Concert Scare

Mark Ronson has issued a health update after being rushed to hospital due to an injury.

22 hours ago
Eric Gales at Bluesfest Melbourne 2023 photo by Mary Boukouvalas
Eric Gales Is Returning To Australia And He Is A Must See Show

When I saw Eric Gales in 2023 in Melbourne he said he is “not the new Hendrix”. He might not think so but watch him live and you’ll probably disagree with his own assessment of himself.

23 hours ago
The Hives by Dean Bradshaw
The Hives To Return to Australia After 10 Years

The Hives are coming back to Australia for the first time in 10 years. The Swedish band last toured Australia in 2015 when they opened for AC/DC.

2 days ago
The Fray Facebook photo
The Fray Sell Out Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney Shows

Uptake for tickets to The Fray went faster than expected this week with sold-out shows for Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney. Perth still has limited tickets.

2 days ago
LeAnn Rimes supplied by TEG Dainty
LeAnn Rimes To Play Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney In September

LeAnn Rimes is coming back to Australia for what will be her first tour in 22 years and only second ever Aussie tour.

3 days ago
Zac Brown Band, Deni Blues and Roots Festival, Noise11, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Zac Brown Band Announce Fourth Australian Tour Dates

Zac Brown Band will return to Australia in October for dates in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane as well as the Deni Ute Muster in Deniliquin.

3 days ago