Elton John Recovers After Serious Illness - Noise11.com
Elton John by Ros O'Gorman

Elton John by Ros O'Gorman

Elton John Recovers After Serious Illness

by Music-News.com on May 24, 2017

in News

Elton John reassured fans he’s “feeling very well” as he made his first public appearance since his recent hospitalisation.

Sir Elton became “violently ill” after contracting a “potentially deadly” bacterial infection during his recent South American tour. He was admitted to hospital immediately after returning from Santiago, Chile at the end of April (17), and placed in intensive care for two days.

He cancelled a series of Las Vegas shows so he could recover at home but he returned to the public eye at the Cannes Film Festival in France on Monday, when he unveiled the winners of his YouTube competition Elton John: The Cut.

Elton told people at the event he was in good health, assuring them he was “feeling very well” and told fans waiting outside the venue, “I feel good”, according to reports.

“He’s doing good,” his partner David Furnish added, according to the Daily Mirror newspaper. “He’s made a great recovery. I’ve been looking after him. He’s been a good patient.”

However, a source told The Sun newspaper he seemed “a bit shaky on his feet” as he went up to the stage but was “on top form” regardless.

Elton presented the fan-made music videos for his classic hits such as Rocket Man, Tiny Dancer and Bennie and the Jets, which had been made by budding filmmakers Majid Adin, Max Weiland and Jack Whiteley and Laura Brownhill respectively.

During a press conference, which was also attended by his collaborator Bernie Taupin, he blasted the “MTV generation” for not being real musicians.

“We were before the MTV generation and I’m glad we were because we were real artists,” the 70-year-old said. “The MTV generation brought along a lot of people who just made videos. A lot of the artist went out of the music.”

Elton is expected to return to the stage in Twickenham, England on 3 June.

music-news.com

Related Posts

Bruce Springsteen Tracks II
Bruce Springsteen To Release Mega’Tracks II’ Box

Bruce Springsteen will release an 11 LP / 7 CD rarities 'Tracks II' featuring what is called 'Tracks II: The Lost Albums'.

13 hours ago
Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath photo by Ros OGorman
Sharon Osbourne Suggest A Black Sabbath Hologram Show Is Possible

Sharon Osbourne is open to a Black Sabbath hologram show.

2 days ago
Shane Nicholson
Jeff Martin, Shane Nicholson and Richie Lewis To Perform ‘Celebrating Neil Young From Harvest To Harvest Moon’

Jeff Martin of The Tea Party, Shane Nicholson and Tumbleweed’s Richie Lewis will present a tribute to Neil Young ‘Celebrating Neil Young: From Harvest To Harvest Moon’ in August and September.

2 days ago
Russell Morris
Russell Morris Announces ‘The Farewell Tour’

After almost 60 years of touring, rock and blues legend Russell Morris has announced what he is calling ‘The Farewell Tour’ but “never” is such a finite word.

2 days ago
REO Speedwagon, Noise11, Photo
Kevin Cronin Is Mighty Pissed REO Speedwagon Are Doing A Show Without Him

REO Speedwagon have announced a one-off show in June without singer and founding member Kevin Cronin and Cronin is mighty pissed about it.

5 days ago
David Bowie's childhood home in 1953 in Bromley
David Bowie Childhood Home In London For Sale

David Bowie’s childhood home in Bromley in Greater London is up for sale.

March 28, 2025
Billy Joel at the MCG 10 December 2022 photo by Bron Robinson
A Billy Joel Doco Is In The Works

A two-part documentary about the life and work of Billy Joel will be released later this year.

March 28, 2025